I have drawn together some of my inspiration, ideas and techniques into a book: Mark-making in textile art. More details
From time to time I have written articles including:
- ‘Inspiration from an 18th century fabric’.The Quilter Summer 2017, No.151.
- Relics, March 2016, Journal of the Pascack Historical Society, New Jersey, US.
- ‘Challenging Conversations’. The Quilter, Summer 2010 No. 124: professional development project.
- ‘Spotlight – Studio life’ The Quilter, Autumn 2002 No. 92: working in city centre studio group.
- ‘Why Quilt’. Popular Patchwork, June 2000 : exploring why I quilt.
Helen’s work has been featured in various books and magazines including:
- Embroidery, November 2002, Ian Wilson ‘Stitches, circles and squares’
- Fiberarts, December 2000, Ian Wilson ‘The ties that bind’
- Quilt Art, Moving On, Catalogue 2000
- Crafts Magazine, March/April 1998
- The Art Quilt, Robert Shaw, 1998
- Northern Earth Mysteries Journal, 1998
- Quilt Art, New Work, Catalogue, 1996
- New Wave Quilt Collections II, Setsuko Segawa, Catalogue, 1992 US/Japan
- Quilting, Dorothy Osler, Merehurst,1990.